Under the aegis of Society of Petroleum Geophysicist (Regd.) India, the Jorhat Chapter, formally called NE Chapter, was inaugurated at Jorhat in 1995. Being at the remote place, the Chapter was formed to provide the professional Geoscientists working in HC industry an effective forum and platform to share their views and knowledge to address the challenges in the field of hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation.
As on today total members of Jorhat chapter is 84 . It has enrolled the students of Dibrugarh University (Applied Geology) in Jorhat Chapter strength.
- The Chapter has successfully organized many Lectures technical discussion /presentation from the beginning by invited experts on various topics related to exploration.
- A three days workshop on Stratimagic - a interpretation and modeling software, by CGG Expert was organised for the benefit of its Members. It was a very useful attempt and geoscientists not only from Jorhat Chapter, but also from other regions of ONGC participated in it.
- A talk on Object oriented 3D Survey Design- Processing consideration just in the beginning of the fieldwork in this area was highly informative and stimulating.
- To make familiar with geological exposure of Assam basin, a Field trip Jorhatar Arunachal for the Geophysicist of ERBC is being organised in FY:2001-2002.
- Technical discussion / Talks/ Presentation related with various subjects of oil exploration activities have been planned for 2001-2002.
A student Chapter was formed with the students of Dibrugarh University ( applied Geology) in the year 2001-2002.
New Executive Body – SPG Jorhat Chapter (2020-2022)
|President||H N Garg|
|Vice President||Dr. R S Tandon|
|Secretary||Ambrish Kumar Tripathi|
|Joint Secretary||Ankur Ahmed|
|Executive Members||Bhavya K B|
|Manash Pratim Gogoi|
Shri Ambrish Kumar Tripathi
Secretary, SPG, Jorhat Chapter
E-Mail : email@example.com
Cell : 9410397388